Monday, July 16, 2012

Walking


I prepped myself last week and this week I go walking.  I managed to get up at 6am everyday last week except for yesterday, but in my defense we didn't get home on Saturday night until 1am and 5 hours sleep was not going to happen.  This morning it was up at 6 and even Hubby rolled out of bed with me to go walking.  We hooked Mr C up to his second harness as we discovered that he has had a late growth spurt and his first one doesn't fit.  He was never a "chunky" pug but suddenly he is starting to look more "pugish".  Even his little winter coat from last year didn't fit around him anymore.  So all three of us left to bare the cold.

The sun was just rising and it was cold but once we got started we didn't seem to notice so much.  It was nice walking around and having a sticky at the houses around us.  It was also nice for Hubby and I to just talk with no distractions.  Twenty minutes had passed and we turned around to head back.  Almost immediately the road was full of cars and trucks and it seemed that everyone was now out of bed ready to start their day.  

Walking is not so much about my physical health, it is a causal pace, it is more a case of developing a morning routine because at the moment it is so rushed, I just want to put some things into place and do it everyday, go for a walk, have a shower, have breakfast and then start my day.  Already I feel more like I am in control and ready for the day.  And I do feel good knowing that I have exercised already.  Whenever I say I will go for a walk 3 times a week I don't walk at all.  Because which three days will it be?  Every day I tell myself, tomorrow.  Well this time it is everyday so I just need to get up and get on with it instead of arguing with myself about whether today is the day or not.  Today is the day for starting my morning routine, and so far, I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment