Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Carb Loading


Today is the first of a three day "carb loading" "diet".  I am having my bloods done on Saturday morning (where I have the joy of hanging around for 2.5 hours and having the needle go in three times).  For the test I need to consume a ridiculous amount of carbs.  I am not anti carbs, but since returning from our honeymoon I have made an effort to reduce how much I eat and now aside from toast and some rice I don't really eat that many carbs.

I am scared about Saturday.  18 months ago I had an ultrasound and the same blood test which confirmed I had PCOS.  I also was told I was pre-diabetic.  Just.  My bloods showed that I had only just crossed over to pre-diabetic land (insulin resistance) and with hard work, diet and exercise overhaul I can reverse it.  Once you cross over to diabetic, there is no going back.  

There was no time for hard work with all my energy going into the house and then the wedding.  It has only been in the last few months I have begun to make changes.  So I am hoping that I am still just outside the diabetic line and can go all the way back to normal.  I didn't want these tests, but my Dr thought it would be a good idea to have a starting point.  So here I am, eating toast with more bread for lunch and pasta for dinner.  I suspect by the time I get to the pathology lab I would have blown up like a balloon.  We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment