Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Symptoms

I am off to the Dr and the natropath today for a whole lot of tests, so I thought, now that it has been some time since I came off The Pill, to provide a run down on the symptoms that have developed since that time so I have a starting point and in 6 months time I can look back and see what has improved and what else needs doing.

The worst change I have noticed is I have exceptionally oily hair (which is also my number one pet hate I cannot stand it). I have to wash my hair with two shampoos everyday using a really harsh shampoo and if I go out at night I have to wash it again. Because of the shampoo I am using the mid section and roots are very dry that even my straighter can't keep it down.  I am considering chopping it all off into a bob because it is very difficult to wear out right now so almost every day it ends up in a ponytail eventually.  My skin is very oily now also, but I am so fortunate that I am yet to break out which was actually the whole reason why I was put on The Pill in the first place.

I have very rapid hair growth all over, I am doing my legs every 3 weeks now and I have a few hairs popping up on my chin and lip which is a very common symptom of PCOS.  I am yet to ovulate and have only had two long cycles.  I have been tracking my BBT and it reads like a stock market graph with no clear pattern.  My body seems to be suffering from a lot of inflammation, my sinuses are up with a runny none each day, itchy eyes and my asthma is a lot worse. I am not sure if this is related to the situation or just a coincidence. And of course there are the symptoms that I had while I was already on the Pill such as the cysts on the ovaries, insulin resistance, skin tags and the extra weight my with pregnant like PCOS belly. 

It looks bad but it isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be and I feel good about that, of course I have no idea what is going on inside but I will find out soon enough and then that is when the battle really begins.

2 comments:

  1. I think you have won half the battle with being so aware of what your body does and how it reacts. Hope the symptoms settle soon, I daresay it will take a little while. If it helps, I have had a sinus infection/issues since last Nov. Have shares in Kleenex.

    Take care xx

    ReplyDelete