Friday, February 22, 2013

Blue Hawaiian

Summer is fading.  This week has just been rain, rain and more rain (good for the garden, not so good for finishing off the garden) and of course it is meant to rain all weekend long.  Summer is my least favourite season, I don't like the heat and retreat indoors as much as I can.  However all that said it has not stopped raining for so long that right now I could do with some of that summer sun.  Tonight as the rain beats down and Hubby and I snuggle up on the lounge with The Boys, I thought I would make something that should remind me of summer.  I wanted to go with a cocktail that screamed Tropical Island.  Tonight I will be dreaming of my favourite place in the world, Ellis Beach, Tropical North Queensland, sitting in the sun, soaking up the rays, looking out at the glistening ocean and in the far distance watching the storm clouds gather for the evening thunderstorm.  "How's the serenity?"  Tragically with this cocktail it is ruined, but I have to talk about the bad as well as the good, but as Hubby just said to me, "Can't you stick to the classics's?"  Yes Baby, I will.


1 shot Blue Curacao
1 shot White Rum
1 shot Coconut Cream
2 shots Pineapple Juice
Place all ingredientss into a blender with 1 cup of ice and blend until smooth.  Pour into a highball glass.  

Hubby: Coconutty but the coconut cream isn't working, not a nice consistency, 1/5
Me: Looks how a cocktail should but it lacked the full flavour I was expecting, also didn't like the consistency, I prefer my cocktails smoother, 2/5
Perfect for: Trying for it's good looks at a cocktail party once you have passed the point of being tispy and not caring too much about the taste and texture.
Try it: At a cocktail party cos it looks good, that really is all it is good for.

1 comment: