Friday, March 1, 2013

Cosmopolitan

It's raining, it's pouring
My husband isn't yet snoring
We are in bed watching tv instead
And we will be staying here until the morning
I love the rain.  Love it, in fact I even downloaded a few apps on my phone that plays rain and storms for as long as you want to listen to it.  But this is week 3 now?  And I am a little over bumming around on the couch and rearranging the house (I am also over The Boys bringing dirt into the house from a un-turfed yard but that is a different story).  What is a girl to do with this kind of weather?  She stays in her PJ's all day, brings the TV into the bedroom, sends her Husband out to play computer/xbox/guitar/whatever and sets herself up for some serious girl time.  I have pulled out my Sex and the City DVDs which I have not watched in a long time.  I remember when SATC first came out, I was in school, now, I am about a year off their age in season 1.  It's scary.  And I know I really shouldn't say this, but I will, I am glad I am not single and 30-something.  But then I do live on the Central Coast NSW, Australia.  I think if I was 30-something and single in NYC, it would be a very different story.  Of course tonight I must make the SATC signature cocktail, the Cosmopolitan.

1 1/2 shot Vodka
1 shot Cointreau
1 shot Cranberry Juice
1/2 shot lime juice
Shake all the ingredients with ice and strain into a cocktail glass

Hubby: Finally, a classic cocktail, slightly sweet and very refreshing, 4/5
Me: Strong citrus flavour, very refreshing and easily sip-able the way a cocktail should be, 4/5
Perfect for: Spending an evening in with The Girls and watching soppy rom-coms, also ideal as an apéritif.
Try it: On a night on the town and you want to be assured of a cocktail you know you will enjoy.

1 comment: