Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Thank you


Two small words, and for many so hard to say but for the person on the receiving end it could really make your day.  I work in a very thankless job.  It isn't management or anything like that, it is just the nature of the job, lots of money and lots of emotions for clients.  I have been working quite hard on one particular job and did what I needed to, ahead of time and the clients still complained.  Today it just got to me.  They could have said thank you for the money so far and could you please advise when the rest will be forthcoming? But no, that seems too difficult.

I used to work in a department store when I first left school.  People were harsh but every now and then someone would say thank you and it would melt my heart.  I am sure to them they didn't even give it a second thought.  Sure I was doing my job but it was just nice for someone to notice I was a human being for just a moment.

This morning I did work for a more mature gentleman.  He thanked me and I continued to go out of my way for him.  For the complainers today I am sticking with our standard time frames, I not going to do them any more favours.

I was raised to always say thank you.  I thank my Dr for taking the time to see me and providing me with knowledge, I thank the receptionist when she puts mail in my tray, I thank the woman behind the register at Coles when she give me my bag and I thank my husband when he hands me a glass of water.

Who have you said Thank You to today?

2 comments:

  1. Manners are a dying art. As a teacher I try my hardest to lead by example and thank my students all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for writing your blog and being in my life in our special way xx

    ReplyDelete