Friday, February 1, 2013

Frozen Grasshopper

Summer.  Remember the ice cream man?  You would hear that music and immediately I was running around the house trying to find mum and asking for money.  She could give me and my brother a few dollars and it was off down the driveway hoping we had not missed him.  Most of the time I ordered choc mint ice cream.  It was my favourite flavour.  Green was my favourite colour and I loved the crunchy choc bits in it.  We would get our ice creams and sit on the steps outside the front of the house, absorbed in the sugary goodness, watching the afternoon pass by.  As school goes back this week I thought it was fitting to take myself back to those Summer Dayz.  
1 shot white creme de cacao
1 shot green creme de menthe
3 scoops of vanilla ice cream

Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until combined.  Pour into a Martini glass.  

Hubby: Just like choc mint ice cream only boozy, 4.5/5
Me: Heaven!  A naughty version of choc mint ice cream, what more is there to say, 5/5
Perfect for: Anytime during Summer, serve as dessert after a classic summer meal.
Try it: When you hear the sound of the ice cream man, because you know you won't be running after that truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment