Monday, January 9, 2012

Over It

I thought planning a wedding was going to be fun.  And it was to start off with but now that it is getting close and there is still so much to do I am completely over it.  Tonight I feel like I have come home to do my other job.  Fill in forms and send emails and complete a checklist.  I crossed off the big stuff early on, the location, the reception and the photographer.  Then I took a little break and got back into it again by finding my dress designer, picking a theme and finally giving up and hiring a wedding planner.

And now what is left is all the boring, small stuff, like arranging the car hire, and trying to figure out what gifts we should have.  Don't even ask about the honeymoon.  That is another to do item.  As is our new house, which is also at crunch time and now I need to get that together.  Still need to arrange curtains, pay the balance on the carpet, find a tiler and organise a fence.  And that is just the start.  We did not plan a wedding and house at the same time.  It just happened that way.  That is our life.  It is either all or nothing and as exhausting and frustrating as it can be I really don't think I would have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment