Saturday, January 21, 2012

Another Weekend

With the wedding so close now our weekends are getting clogged with wedding stuff.  This morning mum and I went to my appointment for my calico fitting of my dress.  My designer is amazing, she showed me the fabric she had sourced and everything was just perfect.  It was even better than what I could ever think of for my dream dress.  She put me into the calico cut out and everything just worked, she knew exactly what I needed for my shape and I was literally bouncing up and down from excitement.  In three weeks I go back and that is when I get to see my dress in its shape with the material.

As we walked back to the car, we passed a homewares shop that was closing down.  I managed to purchase a few cushions for the sofa and a great clock for our new kitchen.  If it isn't wedding to do's then it is all about the house.  Our builder is 90% sure we will be in our house in six weeks.  

So here I sit.  Working through my swamped inbox, starting to book our honeymoon, find music for the wedding, arrange dance classes and source coloured wedding shoes.  On top of that I'm trying to book in appointments for quotes for window furnishings and googling do-it-yourself decking.  

It is raining again this weekend so we have not been able to go out to the house to continue working on the garden.  That also means that our storage shed has to wait another week.  Tomorrow's plans have gone out the window but there is still plenty of boxes that need to be ticked and as long as I can keep ticking them off I can keep my stress levels down.  And should my stress levels get a little too out of control I do have my little stash of wines I can open, pour a glass, sit out looking over the lake, take a deep breath and remember, the wedding is one day, a mere 12 hours, and the house, the house will never be finished, it will be an ongoing labour of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment