Monday, January 30, 2012

Alone Again

And by alone I mean, us locals.  The holiday crowd has finally gone home and we have our shops, beaches and lakes back to ourselves to enjoy with much more space than we have had for the last two months.  

I don't mind these people, mainly Sydneysiders coming up and enjoying the place, but they bring their Sydney attitudes with them.  The road rage and the line pushing and the blatant disregard for the existence of other people.  After 18 months surely I can call myself a local now and join in with the born and bred locals in their observations.  Living here for so long I have managed to loose so much of my Sydney attitude and embraced a much more relaxed lifestyle.  You cannot help it here, it is in the air.  That and you have to adapt or the locals with cut you off, they can only tolerate the city rudeness for so long.

The street is quiet and the lake is empty.  There are school children in uniform playing in the park.  Retirees sitting out the front of their houses, cold (after dinner) drink in hand.  A motorbike rumbles in the distance and the warm breeze shifts in the trees.  This is home, just the way I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment