Thursday, January 26, 2012

Another Night

I fell into bed around 8pm tonight.  So naturally I woke up at 12 ready to start my day.  J was up and he had the lights on which I think was what woke me, so I crawled out of bed and he crawled into it.  Our builder informed us on Monday that practical completion is two weeks away.  J is very excited.  I am going to wait until we have signed the paperwork.  Everyone assured us we would be in before Christmas and clearly that never happened.

I'm not trying to be negative, I like to think of it as being realistic.  Of course since Monday I have had trouble sleeping as I cannot switch off my thoughts.  The electrician rang to inform me he will he there next Wednesday and to remind me we need to bring along our lights and fans.  The ones we have been meaning to purchase.  I struggled at work because I couldn't focus and every chance I had I was searching for the things we needed.  On top of that my phone wouldn't stop ringing from wedding people.  I'm wondering if I should just give it all to our wedding planner.  I only wanted her to do a few things for us, mainly create a beautiful reception with decorations, but now I am seriously considering I should just give her the rest of my to do list.

So here I sit, almost 3am.  Mr C at my feet, because Mr C is a total Mummy's Boy.  I'm glad the weather is terrible and our plans for Australia Day have fallen through.  I am not up for going to the races in the rain.  We are off to the shops to find things we need and then the house to measure the windows because according to one curtain person I tried to obtain a quote from, there is no way the window sizes stated on the plans are the same as those in the house.  Seriously? 

It is not all bad, I am taking breaks by looking at Honeymoon places.  We really need to start booking those.  The honeymoon has been hard because we could go anywhere, where do you start.  Seeing as the House and Wedding are too close together we have decided on a three week honeymoon and to come back and spend time in the House getting it just the way we want it.  Save the overseas trip for another time, which is the plan, but who knows what will happen.  

A lot of people "joke" that we will get pregnant on the honeymoon.  I think for some family members they are really hoping it comes true.  I smile and say the only baby we will be coming home with is another pug.  Once we have the house we are going to get a little buddy for Mr C.  That will keep us busy for a long time.  And really, whose business is it anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment