Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Feeling alive

I woke up today with a splitting headache.  I didn't want it to set the tone for the day but even though I tried it seemed too.  When I arrived at work I just wanted to crawl under a rock.  I really wasn't that productive and everything seemed to be a huge effort.  I didn't have lunch with me, I wasn't that organised last night, so it was off to the food court.

The food court down the road consists of Maccas, Kebab King and Wok Kitchen.  I went with Maccas, even though I knew I shouldn't have.  As I sat in the break room eating I suddenly chocked and pulled out a black hair.  Being a blonde I almost threw up then and there.  

Then in the afternoon a client called to provide me with some information that he was meant to inform me of 4 months ago and has now created even more work for me.  I couldn't wait to get home.

As soon as I walked in the door I was greeted by Mr C.  I decided to take him for a walk and J decided to come as well.  It was only 20 minutes but it was lovely and now I can say I have had a great day today.  Walking in the afternoon sun with my two boys shaking off the day, getting fresh air and for the first time all day, feeling alive.  And now I sit here, my blood still pumping from the walk, feeling energised and ready to do all I have to do tonight.  Tonight, dinner will be cooked, housework achieved and even a few wedding items ticked off the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment