Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Fortune


Last night we went out to dinner to a Chinese restaurant we went to quite a few times when we lived in Sydney.  It is one of those places you go for the food and for the man that runs the joint.  The decor is heavily outdated and there is nothing flash inside but the owner is the only one on the floor.  He is the one that comes over to take your order while cracking a few jokes, brings the food with another serving of jokes and brings plastic containers when you get your fortune cookies.

I don't believe in fortune cookies, I remember last year I had one that read "Other people will be happy that you are wrong".  It stuck out because it would have to have been the most random, out there one I have ever seen, I even stuck it on my wall at work because of its weirdness.  It made me wonder what else was in the cookie.

I grabbed the two cookies and put them behind my back, mixed them around and asked Hubby to choose.  Hubby had; "You have an important new business development shaping up."  Mine read "You will enjoy good health."

Hubby and I looked at each other unable to speak.  Today Hubby finds out if he got the job he interviewed for on Wednesday.  The job that only himself and one other person interviewed for.  The reason we were in Sydney eating at the Chinese restaurant was because it was across the road from my Dr who I had just seen as a follow up.  I had lost 0.6kg which was quite a good effort considering my PCOS and pre-diabetic results.  I need good health and over the last month I have been making slow, little changes to improve things (as opposed to a massive life overhaul which always lasts under a week).

So for today, as weird as this sounds, we are both choosing to believe in the Cookie.  A phrase I never thought I would say.

4 comments:

  1. I think I like both of the fortune cookie fortunes, how apt they are. I hope they do come true for the both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How uncanny - hope the cookies are correct for you both. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes the world just surprises us! Best wishes for them both to come true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fortunes get really close to what's going on in our lives, sometimes! I add my good wishes to you both, too.

    ReplyDelete