Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Smile

 There is a golf club up the road with a bright LED sign.  The sign is right on the boundary so that anyone driving past can clearly read it.  It advertises the bistro specials, particular golf days and then it tells you to smile.  I first noticed it a couple of months ago as I was waiting at the lights (the sign is placed just behind the lights) it told me about a lunch special and then a smiley face appeared with the word "Smile" next to it.  I had to double check I wasn't seeing things, it was completely random.  But it was there and then it was back to the lunch specials.  The lights changed and as I drove passed I smiled.

Since then I always notice it.  I smile everytime, sometimes when I smile I realise I must have had quite a frown on my face.  Everything feels better.  I look for the sign now, I look for the smile.  Sometimes as I drive passed, it doesn't, but I smile anyway.  In my head I am saying "Tell me to Smile!"  I want to see the face I want to smile.  I don't know why they do it, what they wanted to achieve but I like it, I smile, it makes the day better, as random as it is, although I am yet to still try the bistro.

This week and a half has been busy.  A puppy is so much work, I don't remember this much energy being spent on Mr C, but I am sure it was.  But I am smiling.  I might not have time for much else now and the kitchen bench may not be cleared and the items for ebay are still waiting to have their picture taken but I am smiling.  Raz is getting bigger already, and this is such a brief period.  He will be an adult before we know it, and he will loose his little baby noises, and his soft fur and I won't be able to pick him up with one hand.  As much work as he is, he makes me smile everytime and I can say now that he has fit into our family perfectly, and I am happy with the four of us.  Me and My Boys.

5 comments:

  1. Your post made me SMILE. Keep on smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jacana, your blog makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacana ... that was my exact thought too! We really must remember this - that smiles are contagious. :-) Thanks for spreading them around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been back everyday so far - waiting with baited breath for an update on the new addition to your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Jacana, it seems the blog is the first to go when it gets a little busy. He is so big now too, I will post about him this week :)

      Delete