Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Breaking the Barrier

Yesterday after work we had training.  We get weighed every Monday.  I was so worried, I spent all day trying to think of a million excuses to use to get out of getting weighed.  I was so sure I would have gained weight and I kept telling myself that I don't care about my weight, that I just want to be happy and healthy.

When it came time to get on the scales I gave my trainer an earful about how strong I am and therefore I must be gaining muscle so I cannot expect to loose much in fact I probably gained.  Well not only did I loose but I finally cracked the 90kg barrier.  I have been trying to achieve that for almost 3 years now.  I have come close but never crossed it.  I crossed it and cleared it with 89.0.
I almost cried.  I was in shock.  Not only did I break the 90 but it also meant that I had now officially lost over 5kg.  In the past I have lost 3kg, maybe 4kg if I was lucky.  Never 5kg.  Two milestones at once.  I am still on my weigh loss high.  I am also very motivated to keep going.  To ensure next week I am 88 something.  Actually to be honest I am hoping to be 87 something.  I am so fired up now.  I have always read that once you get 5kg done the rest starts to become easy and I am now finding that.  It is getting easy.  I don't want unhelpful foods as much as I once did.

I still have a long way to go.  My diet lifestyle still needs a lot of work, but I am a lot better than where I was when I first started.  I just want to get a little better each week.  It has taken me months and months to reach this point but finally things are happening.  And my body is responding, I am listening to my body and treating it better each day.  Being more mindful and trying to be just a little more active.  There is only one way from here and that is down on the scales.  I can sense change in the air and the subtle feeling that next year is going to be my best yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment