Monday, October 22, 2012

Dear Hubby, Six Months


Have we really been married half a year already? Sometimes I look at you and struggle to believe we are actually married.  But then I struggle to remember my life before you.  It just seems you have always been there by my side.

The last three months have been a little tough.  Life became so busy and we were immersed in everything that needed to be done.  Our heads were down churning through everything and we didn't take the time to look across at each other and smile.  We talked everyday but I think for a few weeks we just didn't connect.  The words "marriage is work" echoed in my head and we stopped and looked at each other.  "Hello, I am so glad to see you again".  We realised that no matter what, we needed to make "us" a priority, and put "us" first before everyone/everything else.  It was good.  We talk now, just like before but also deeper.  We connect and I believe we are working as a new team, more in sync than ever before.

I am starting to see that things are different now, different to when we were just living together.  There is power in those promises and commitments we made to each other, in front of our families, sealed with a ring and signing our Certificate of Marriage.  I was told the other day that the first 3 years of marriage are the hardest.  If that is the case then I know we have nothing to worry about, but then we have always known this was for a lifetime.

I smile when I call you my husband.  It still feels new to me.  In fact only yesterday I almost signed my old name and had to pause as my pen hit the paper as I suddenly remembered I share your name now. I find myself most days looking down at my ring and smiling, remembering The Day. 

To you my Husband, Happy 6 Months, our married life is truly just beginning and we have so many exciting things coming up I know the next 6 months are going to be even better.  With all my Love, your Wife.

2 comments: