Sunday, December 2, 2012

Grateful

Photo: ZIG FANS... HERE IS The ZIG ZIGLAR OFFICIAL COVER PHOTO. If you are a fan feel free to USE THIS AS YOUR COVER PHOTO in honor & memory  of Zig. 

Our Friend, Mentor to Millions and Master Motivator Zig Ziglar passed peacefully from this world this morning. Angels are rejoicing and he is now speaking with Jesus.  Please leave your favorite Zig  Story or message to family at www.facebook.com/ZigZiglar


On Thursday morning I learned of the passing of Zig Ziglar, never have I been more upset about the loss of someone I have never met.

I was first introduced to the work of Zig Ziglar when I dabbled in Network Marketing over 10 years ago and was given a set of cassette tapes of his to listen to.  The network marketing didn't last but Zig Ziglar's message did.  There was something about that Southern accent and "You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want" that stuck to me.  I started where I always start when I embark on something new and that was with 'Success for Dummies', written of course by Zig Ziglar.  I devoured every page of that book, it was as if a light had been turned on and I knew from that point that I would have the life I had dreamt about.  Over time I started to listen to his recordings which by now were downloads on my ipod.  Not long after starting my "automobile university" I met Hubby, and reflecting now, I wonder if things would have been different had I not started the process of becoming a happier and more positive person. 

Around 6 months ago after the wedding was over and we were settled into our house I found myself once again drawn to Zig's message, I bought a few more downloads, ordered a couple of books and introduced Hubby to Zig as well.  A few months ago I started on the self talk card which I can say with total confidence has been the one thing in my life that has lead to so much change lately.  Hubby and I started talking about what we were hearing and began applying the principals Zig taught.  Things started to change for us and we knew that the life we wanted was possible.  

Although we are really only at the start of the journey I am so grateful that I was introduced to the work of Zig Ziglar so many years ago.  And even though he has passed he has left a lasting legacy, he has left an amazing body of work not to mention a family that lives his message each and every day and are teaching a new generation the message of their father.  And that itself makes me think, I know what I want my life to look like, but what legacy do I want to leave?

No comments:

Post a Comment