Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Holidays

On Sunday in our attempts to get out of the house, we ended up doing the most Central Coast thing possible.  We somehow found ourselves with fish and chip sitting by the water.  No points for originality but it was a good time all the same.  I needed to soak up the sun and breathe in some fresh air.  It was relaxing and it was nice for Hubby and I to talk about a few things outside the house.

Yesterday my family came up.  I somehow thought it would be a great idea for us to all make pizzas for dinner.  From scratch.  I have only ever done this once before and that was years ago.  The kitchen that was so perfectly clean for their arrival now looks like a flour bomb has gone off.  It was all worth it as the pizzas were amazing and I have decided that freshly made dough is the only way to eat a pizza.  Mum and I covered ours with pepperoni, olives, anchovies and garlic.  Oh my mouth is still watering just thinking about it.  Hubby was disgusted at our creation and stuck with his ham and pineapple, but I reminded him that I have never been one to go with the crowd.  Afterwards myself, Hubby and my Bro chilled out in the rumpus with home made cocktails.  Bliss.
Today is of course Melbourne Cup, I have the dress, the shoes and the fascinator.  But first I need to take Raz off to the vets for his shots.  My family and I are heading out for a 3 course lunch in front of a big screen TV, right on the beach.  Should be another great day.  We popped down to the local newsagent/post office/TAB with token bottle shop next door (there is also a hairdresser and that completes the shopping 'village') and for only the second time this year I bought a lotto ticket.  So did mum, and we agreed to halve all winnings ($50 million please) we also each paid for a Carnival Combo Mystery Bet (one of them had Americain so here's hoping).  That is the only way I know how to put money on a horse.  Although last year we did Melbourne Cup with the girls at work and one of the girls ended up winning just over $2,000 on her Carnival Combo, hopefully drinks are on me tonight.

Do you have anything planned for today?

2 comments:

  1. I am a bit of a Melbourne Cup grinch, I have seen the other side of the racing industry, badly treated horses. But all my staff love it, so we provide a lunch and watch the race. I 'encourage' them to donate their winnings to Second Chance Horse Rescue - perhaps if you win big you could send them a few dollars too :-). Your day sounds lovely, very relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - have always enjoyed reading your blog. Please check out my latest post as I am passing on the LIEBSTER AWARD to you. Thank you for all of the enjoyable posts. I need you to post a few more on the new pug - thanks.

    ReplyDelete