Sunday, November 11, 2012

Goodbye Holiday, Hello Work

Feel so good.  Today snippets of work have popped into my head but I am not giving them any time. I have a few hours of my holiday left to enjoy and I am making the most of it by chilling in the rumpus with Hubby and The Boys, watching DVDs.

Hubby and I popped down to the Southern Highlands for a couple of nights as a bit of a mini break.  I have not been down there for many years and all the times I did go was on a day trip so it was nice to stay a while.  We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves with the food and wine and lots of R and R.  The place we stayed was amazing and the hosts were the nicest people, running a brand new B'n'B.  Each evening before we went out to dinner they invited us to share a glass of wine and cheese with them before we left.  It was greatly appreciated and we enjoyed the conversation.

On the way down we popped into the info centre to find out what to do.  The lady there provided many suggestions and one of them was an open garden.  It was only open for two days and it was the last time it would be open.  I suddenly remembered reading about a similar garden in Country Style and sure enough it was the same one.

On Thursday we visited Whitley.  We have never attended an open garden before but I will say I really enjoyed it.  We were definitely the youngest people there but that didn't matter.  Actually it seems to be a bit of a recurring theme for us.  The gardens were spectacular and I really appreciated all the work that went into them, however part of me couldn't help but think that with all that space maybe they could have a few cows, sheep, and chickens.  If I had all that land I would be running the largest hobby farm I could imagine.

The sun is now setting and work awaits me tomorrow, but I feel good.  I have the energy to get through work until the next holiday and I also have an overflow of inspiration to allow me to daydream a little each day.  And isn't that what a holiday is all about?  Energy, inspiration and creating memories with those you love, at least that is what it is all about for me.

1 comment:

  1. What a perfect way to end your holidays, and to feel like you are ready to go back to work means you have certainly had a good break!

    ReplyDelete