Thursday, November 1, 2012

Hip Hip Hooray

As of 3:30pm tomorrow I am officially on holidays and I could not be happier (well maybe if I win the $100 mil I probably would be).  Hubby and I have not had a break since our honeymoon which ended over 6 months ago.  This break is quite overdue.  

We have nothing planned.  We may or may not go away, but The Boys are booked into the kennels pet resort for a few nights just in case.  I have made it clear that we are to spend no more than 2 days in the house, we need to get out and do stuff.  It has been just over 2 years since we left Sydney and we really don't know the Central Coast all that well.  We just live here.  Yet there is always a mass exodus from Sydney every school holidays when they flood in here and take over visit, so there must be something going on around here that I do not know about.  It is time we explored 'The Coast', after all we need to face the fact that we are now "Coasties" (much to certain Sydney people's horror).

Not too sure where to start, Hubby and I are big food and wine people.  The food here is, well, I am from Sydney so let's just leave it at that, as for the wine, there is a fruit winery, and I have been there so that covers that.  But there are beaches of course and lakes, and lots of things for the kids to do.  I have an Entertainment Book so we are going to go through that, rip out a voucher and go exploring.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter so much what we do, but that we do it together.  We need to spend time having fun and away from the drama of work and the stress of the house.  We need to rest, relax and get ourselves ready for a hectic November and December.  After all we need to work to live not live to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment