Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Inspired

As soon as I read the email I knew we would be going.  I was grateful that we were able to get our tickets pre-sale as they sold out within half an hour.  I had grown up with this man and he had taught me so much.  As a classic nerd with a love of science, his was my idol.  And that voice.  It always made me stop and pay attention.  I was so inspired by his work I found myself at university studying the ins and outs of biology.

On Saturday night Hubby and I were fortunate enough to see Sir David Attenborough.  For over 2 hours we sat, mesmerised.  Such an amazing life.  He sat on stage being interviewed by Ray Martin, sharing his stories throughout his 60 year career.  They showed footage from his early days right up to the new docos he is still making.  It was inspiring to say the least.  In fact I am struggling to find the words to truly capture just how magical a night it was.  It was a night we will both always treasure. 

On the long journey home, Hubby and I talked with such energy.  We were both so inspired.  From that evening we had learned many things, but for us there were two things we really took away.  The first is that this really is a Wonderful World and as such we need to do what we can to save and protect our environment.  The second was simply the amazing life Sir David has had.  Here we are doing the same thing week after week.  That is about to change.  We want an amazing life and to be able to have thousands of stories to share.  While neither of us are going to go trekking through the bush to make a doco, we are going to shake things up and start living an extraordinary life.  It is time to rise about the status quo.  It is time to stop talking and start living.  Today.

3 comments:

  1. Your post is incredible - thank you for sharing. I agree with your comment, my theory is try and live in the world not on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I popped over from Jacana to say Hi, looking forward to reading more of your blog. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi - Have suggested people visit you on my latest post. See you are already getting visitors.

    ReplyDelete