Tuesday, July 21, 2015

10 Things I Wish I Was Better At


1) Photography.  Take a look around my blog, I take awful pictures. I keep meaning to learn how to take better pictures but it's still on my "To Do" List. The problem is I'm too impatient and not bothered with the knobs on the camera. The camera stays on "Auto" and I click. Job done.

2) Flower Arrangements.  You know how you can buy flowers cheaper and arrange them yourself?  Well I have tried that, and I fail each time. I love fresh flowers but I'm forced to pay extra for someone to make them look nice. And sometimes I even stuff up when I put them in a vase. I need help.

3) Fashion.  My wardrobe consists of jeans with plain tops and skirts with singlets along with a small selections of dresses. I would love to be fashionable, but I can never pull it off. I used to try but always failed - epically. To ensure I don't risk being a fashion tragic I stick to the plain and boring.

4) My Hair.  This is a sore spot but I do have two hair styles; out and straight or pulled back into a ponytail. The girls that can do fashion also have the ability to do great hair and do a vast array of things with it. Again I have tired, and failed. I'm told there are great videos on You Tube to teach me, but if I had time to do that, I think it would be better spent learning how to take photos or flower arranging.

5) Being a Social Butterfly. I am quite social and can put on a good show, when I am surrounded by people I know very well. When it comes to new people I am the shy one arguing with myself in my head about what to say and then beating myself up for what comes out of my mouth. I can manage OK with one on one but in a group situation I struggle and end up being the great listener.

6) Eating Vegetables.  I know they are good for me and they should make up the bulk of my diet, but I was a kid of the 80's. Before food allergies and a focus on real food, we lived on crap and turned our noses up at a plate of vegetables (usually overcooked in the microwave as was the fashion of the time). I would fill up on additive laden chemical concoctions like Frosties and Fruit Loops and biscuits and cakes and muffins. And now, it doesn't matter how many cooking shows I watch I still struggle to eat the good stuff.

7) Home Decorating.  It always feels like something is missing. While I try and aim for a unique style that reflects our personalities, I seem to miss the mark. I want each room to look a little sharper and more polished, I constantly feel that it is not quite done just yet and I don't know how to finish it off.

8) Dancing.  There was a reason I didn't go to many clubs in my younger years, because I cannot dance. I've tried to learn but it was difficult. When I find myself at a wedding I tend to just stick on the outskirts of the dance floor and move my feet from side to side, it's awkward just thinking about it. I would love to be one of those people that rocks the dance floor with everyone looking on admiring, but that will never be me.

9)Travelling.  I don't fly, the few times I have was over 10 years ago, but a phobia set in, I'm not sure how or why. My husband loves flying and trained to be a pilot, so he enjoys watching TV shows like Air Crash Investigations. This does not help, I would like to get on a plane and go travel to Europe but it is always in the future so I don't need to deal with it in the present moment.

10) Dieting.  Some people say if you really want to lose the weight then you will. Others say embrace what you have and love your body. I try and diet and I try to love my body. I really love my curves, just not the two spare tyres around the middle, I wish I could buff those out into a nice small rounded tummy. I know I could try harder but the pull of cheese and wine and butter and dark chocolate and duck fat potatoes must be stronger than the pull to have a smaller waist size.

No comments:

Post a Comment