Monday, January 6, 2014

This Is A Great Year




It was my first day back at work for the year today, and I enjoyed dating my paperwork with '14'.  Last year did not turn out at all how we had hoped and I would say it was probably our worst year.  And strangely most people I know have said the same thing about that year.  So I was very excited to see the New Year roll around and put everything behind us.  

There is something about this time of year.  A freshness, and people seem to be a little more positive, a little more hopeful that things will be better this year.  I know I am feeling it, and I have decided that this year, Is A Great Year.  The whole 12 months are going to be wonderful and enriching and the hopefulness I am feeling right now I will carry through all year long.  

I am not talking about resolutions that will be given up and forgotten before the month is out,  but rather setting up more long term goals and having a better attitude and a more positive outlook on everything.  Focusing on what I have rather than what I don't have, stopping to see and enjoy the small pleasures in everyday and making more of an effort to be nice to people when they are being aggressive to me, which is so true for some of my clients at work.  Hubby always reminds me that you get more bees with honey than vinegar.

Not long after I set my goals last year, I was told by someone I respected and admired (at the time) to get rid of them.  That I shouldn't be goal setting and that I shouldn't put so much pressure on myself.  I was to let life happen and enjoy it.  I tried this approach and it didn't work for me.  At the end of the year, off my own back I wrote out how I want my life to look in 10 years time, and that vision fired me up in a way I had not felt for so many years.  I looked at that vision and where I am now, and I knew the only way to get there was to set those goals and 'get crackin'.  Hello 2014, otherwise known as Step One on the country laneway to turn my Rural Dreaming into my Rural Reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment