Thursday, June 26, 2014

Brandy Alexander

It has been too long between Cocktail drinks, posts and this is way overdue.  Winter is now officially here and although it is tempting to reach out for an aged Shiraz there are many cocktails that can warm you up from the inside and they are what I want to explore for the next 3 months.  First up is the Brandy Alexander which I do believe was my first ever cocktail that I had at a Chinese Restaurant not long after my 18th birthday (I was and still am a nerd, I did wait till I was 18 to drink, except on a few occasions.....).  This would have to be one of the best cocktails to try if you are new to cocktails or are yet to find one you like.  Not too sweet, and rich and creamy with the brandy giving it just the right amount of kick to have your tummy buzzing with warmth.  This is what I will always order when I cannot decide because I know I will like it and it is near impossible to get wrong.  The only problem being some places always seem to be out of cream.....

1 shot Brandy
1 shot Brown Creme de Cacao
2 shots Cream
Shake all the ingredients with ice and strain into a cocktail glass, garnish with grated nutmeg

Hubby: Too easy to drink, 4/5
Me: Rich and creamy, just enough alcohol to take the edge off but also to keep you standing up for the night, 5/5
Perfect for: Early evenings when you have some time to just sit and reflect (or first dates with Peggy Olson if you are a Mad Men fan)
Try it: Anytime the temperature drops below 20°C

2 comments:

  1. I have to admit I'm not much of a cocktail drinker (not much of a drinker at all) but my experiences have involved pretty sweet and wild ones, this however does sound good. My other thought was it would make a good dessert, somehow, maybe a mousse or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would make a fantastic dessert, add some eggs and whip the cream, I might just have to try it.

      Delete